Jul 23, 2011

A Little Game of Blog Tag--Siete/Seven



 Flickr photo by Leo Reynolds

I have been tagged! My amiga, Ezzy Guerrero-Languzzi included me in a fun game of sharing.  I recently started following a lot of new blogs, and this game has been a great way to read posts that I missed. I am excited to share some of my older posts AND to tag some of the blogs I've just started following so that I can become more well-acquainted with them! Thank you, Ezzy, for tagging me <3 and I hope that the bloggers I tag will enjoy sharing in this Game of Seven.

The object of the game is to find posts in your blog archive that you think satisfy the seven categories listed below:

Most Beautiful Post
A tribute to my husband, who is a wonderful father.

Most Popular Post
I wrote this post so that I could share it with other alternative educators at a conference where I was presenting. I thought it would only be viewed by a small number of educators in Iowa. Since then it has been viewed by educators all over the world and has even been translated into other languages! It has been an honor to see this post used as a resource worldwide.

Most Controversial Post
This post led to some very interesting conversations with Ezzy and others about the ability to empathize. It started with one thought: should President Obama be more empathetic towards gay people because he is of mixed heritage? 

Most Helpful Post
My fellow Iowans find this post very helpful in dispelling some common stereotypes about our state! There is much more to Iowa than corn :-)

A Post Whose Success Surprised Me
A post that shares some of my experiences being the only white person in a room or a family.

A Post that Didn't get the Attention I Felt it Deserved
This post discusses one of the unintended consequences of No Child Left Behind--white flight.

Post I am Most Proud Of
It was a proud moment, indeed, when Heidi Durrow herself DM'd me on Twitter to thank me for writing this post. I was also proud of myself for sharing some strong emotions about how it feels to be the white mother of mixed children.

Tag! These blogs are now invited to participate in the game! Please come back and link your posts to this one if you choose to participate.




5 comments:

  1. Eliss at Integrated Memoirs was already tagged in this game. Here is her response to the seven questions http://integratedmemoirs.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/ive-been-tagged/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you participated, Jen. ; D I see some posts here that I haven't read. Your "Most Popular" and "Most Proud Of" -- high-five!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again, for tagging me in the game! *high five* back at ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Multicultural MarriageAugust 4, 2011 at 8:38 PM

    What a neat idea! Thanks for tagging me and sharing your posts with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for participating! I really enjoyed reading your posts for this game! Anyone else wishing to read should click here:
    http://multiculturalmarriage.wordpress.com/2011/08/04/blog-tag-from-jenmardunc/

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Start a conversation here!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...